Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web server handled by a website hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glimpse at these. Thus, you can determine what you want, based on whether you'd like to have a blog, e-mails, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by various companies, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the load between individual stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share a great amount of images with pals or partners since the solution is usually free. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail box accounts. Some companies offer site hosting services for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you desire to create an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many video files as you want to without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a web site. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Sebki Hosting, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the regular email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content solely.